Thursday, April 10, 2008

Golden to Roswell 04/08


Tried to leave Golden on Monday but the snow decided I should stay. Actually it wasn't enough to stop me from leaving but lunch happened then a big home cooked meal was dangled in front of me. I must say that meal was worth leaving a day later.

I pushed it down to Roswell, only about 7-8 hours if you don't go by map quest. My gut and then my GPS told me the directions I got where wrong. Had to do a bit of a 45 minute back track.....no big deal. The turn off to head on down to Roswell was at Santa Rosa, a Route 66 classic. I was very tempted to stay and wish I would have. It would have only been a two hour drive the next morning and there were adorable little Route 66 motels for only $25.00 and free wi-fi.

Finally got down to Roswell around 8:30PM and just about all the rooms in town where gone. Made the rounds of about five motels with no luck. Finally got a room at Motel 6, don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Motel 6 but this one was not my bag and no wi-fi. All Motel 6's take pets without charge (cool) but this was a three story enter through the main lobby motel. They only let pets on the third floor. Took a few trips to get my gear up and I wasn't a fan of the room to boot.

Woke up the next day and the aliens where a callin'. Before heading out of town I of course had to check out the UFO Museum and Research Center. It was pretty cool and It is a must if you are in the hood'. Check out the photos! After my 'out of this world' experience at the museum I was in need of a cup of coffee, so I headed over to the 'Out of this World Coffee Shop' and had a latte and a yummy bagel with eggs, ham, and green chilies. Soooo good. Bean Dog and I hung out at the cafe for a while before taking a driving tour of Roswell and finally heading out of town.
Oh, I bought a bumper sticker that says: Buckle Up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out!
Off to Texas. Yeeeehaa!!!!!

No comments: