Friday, April 11, 2008

Roswell, New Mexico to Pecos, Texas



I forgot to mention in my last post that when I drove into Roswell my XM was playing "The Freaks Come Out at Night" by Whodini. I thought it quite fitting while rolling into Roswell.

Anywho. Only drove a handful of hours down to Pecos, Texas....'Home of the First Rodeo'.

There was actually a bit to do in this agricultural town off the 285. They have a museum showing the history of the area. There is of course the rodeo each year in June and a zoo that I never did see. Apparently the zoo is home to two dozen types of animals....by the way....the leaflet of Pecos shows a long horn for the pic of the zoo.



If you do find yourself passing through this sleeping little town make sure you stop at La Nortena. La Nortena is housed in an old warehouse building and makes a damn tasty tamale. There is a menu and you can either dine in or take out your food. The staff informed me that the tamales are made from scratch. They weren't kidding....they even grind there our corn in the back. To date this is the best tamale I have ever had.




No comments: