Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is a Piccadilly?

I am lucky enough to have amazing family in Mission, TX that took me in during my time in Southern Texas and doubled as the best tour guides in town. One of the many things that they said I absolutely had to experience was the Piccadilly. Anyone who knows me or listens to the show know that I will try any food put before me with glee.
I guess an explanation of the PICCADILLY is in order. Imagine your basic snow cone. Now load the middle of it with chopped dill pickle and top it with a chili salt \ sugar concoction and vuala you have a Piccadilly. You can choose any flavor snow cone syrup you wish...I chose the most popular...CHERRY.
I have to say that this strange combo is brilliant. I absolutely loved it. I have to admit that a small is more than enough or that fantastic taste sensation can become too much. Next time you are in Southern Texas or happen across a Piccadilly; don't shrug it off as too bizarre to try.Five snow cone rating!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to say that i ate one and almost threw up if you actually liked that you probably would like horse anus stew or speghetti and donkey balls with icing jizz alfredo... disguting!

Texas said...

I would also like to say that i had one as well. Not only did it look like crap but it tasted like crap as well. I almost had to run out the door and puke. That has got to be the worst idea of a snow cone ever. Whoever thought this up is sick. They must have been completely wasted. God that thing tasted bad. That snowcone is a nightmare. Holy crap that tasted bad.

Liza said...

Ok, I will be against the grain and say I love a good Piccadilly. Its def. something akin to the Elote down here (Roasted corn in a cup topped with butter, mayo, chile, lime and parmesan cheese), which is an aquired taste. The key is to tell the Raspa maker light on the syrup.

Unknown said...

I live in south texas too.
I swear,
I go get a piccadilly from Popeyes Raspas twice a week!
I love 'em!
Green Apple Is The Bestt<3
Minus The Lucas and Add Koolaid Powder And You're Good To Go (:

Red J. said...

Yes sir, I am currently a citizen of Oregon but was born and raised in Edinbrug Texas! I will be visiting for Christmas next month and can't WAIT get my hands on a grape piccacilly. It's not for everybody, but then again, neither are mollejas or Whataburger!

Unknown said...


T.O.P. "G" PICKADILLY SNOW CONE
Home of the Famous Pickadilly Sonw Cone in Austin Tx.
No need to go all the way to the Valley for a good Pickadilly, brought to Austin from Edinburg Tx by;
T.O.P. "G" Roasted Corn & Shaved Ice Snow Cone
WWW.topgpickadilly.com

Unknown said...

Chris n kids in San Antonio Tx have the most awesome picadillys, they also add red and green chamoy with lucas and omg its great!!!!

Unknown said...

if your in San Antonio tx and looking for a Piccadilly try big daddy's eats and treats. No other place compares. lines ridiulous but well worth the wait!!! best Piccadilly I've ever had!(:

AEsparza said...

i agree with the chris and kids best snow cone place ever

Unknown said...

Love picadilly's but I like them with powdered koolaid instead ��

Unknown said...

Powdered koolaid in the Way to go

Unknown said...

If you love pickles and have had them with jolly ranchers or now & laters as a kid, then you would love a piccadilly. These people saying it tastes like ass are completely being over the top.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How do u know what crap tastes like? Do you go around tasting it?